Did you know that our fat intake is directly related to inflammation. Out goal it to replace bad fats with good fats and lower inflammation.
- Eliminate deep fried foods (French fries, chicken nuggets)
- Choose leaner cuts of meat
- Use coconut oil (unrefined) or peanut oil for high heat and extra virgin olive oil for low heat cooking
- Fish 2xs/week – Wild Salmon, Spanish Mackerel, Herring, Anchovies and Sardines are the best.
- Dry roasted or raw nuts
- Decrease saturated fats (1tbl butter = 7grams of fat) certain ice creams are higher than other
- Try to limit foods that have more than 6-8 grams of fat per serving.
- On a 2,000 calorie/day diet 65 grams/day of fat is 30% of total calories
- Avoid highly heated foods cooked in vats of oil