Nutritionist, doctors and diets of all kinds mention how many servings we should have of different foods. Which leads to the question of what is a serving size. I have included a small list below for your reference.
Hopefully this will help in calculating ONE serving size.
- 3 oz serving of meat is the size of a deck of cards
- 2 tbls of almond butter is the size of a ping pong ball
- 1 oz serving of raw nuts is bout the size of an egg
- 1 cup raw vegetables is the size of a baseball
- 1/2 cup cooked vegetables is the size of a computer mouse
- whole fruit size is the size of a tennis ball
- cut up fruit serving size is 1/2 cup
- berries serving size is 3/4 to 1 1/2 cup or the size of a baseball
- rice, quinoa and pasta serving is 1/2 cup or the size of a tennis ball
- potato serving size is the size of a computer mouse
The History of Dinner Plate Sizes.
- 1960’s plate size was 8.5 inches and held 800 calories
- 1980’s plate size was 10 inches and held 1000 calories
- 2000’s plate size was 11 inches and held 1600 calories
- 2009 plate size was 12 inches and holds 1900 calories
- How portion control can help maintain health weight … Continue reading »
Building a Healthy and Balanced Diet
- 1/2 of our plate should be a variety of vegetables and fruits
- 1/4 of our plate should be whole grains
- 1/4 of our plate should be healthy protein
- Check out the Mediterranean Diet… Continue reading »